We are all serious about keeping our skin youthful, bright and beautiful. I know that I religiously wear SPF for protection from UV Rays but do I also need to be concerned about my digital devices? I am no expert here, but to play it safe, I changed the setting in my iPhone to turn on Night Shift. With Night Shift, an iPhone or iPad screen will look bright white with a blue-based lighting during the day, in the evening that bright white will fade into a warm yellow that’s easier on your eyes. This feature became available with iOS 9.3. It is a display-based setting that lets you “warm up” an iPhone or iPad’s screen at night to cut down on blue light exposure. Night Shift will automatically change the color temperature of your device display to reflect the time of day.
Here are the iPhone directions for you:
- Open up the Settings app.
- Scroll to the Display & Brightness section. …
- Tap on “Night Shift.”
- Tap on the “Manually Enable Until Tomorrow” toggle.
- Adjust screen temperature as desired.
- With no schedule set, Night Shift mode will automatically turn off in the morning.
Here are a few more articles if you are interested.