Hey Ladies, it summertime, and if you are anything like me, I lack a suntan. My legs are the first part to be exposed as the temperature starts to rise. I always keep on hand, St. Tropez’s Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse and a tanning mitt. Takes 7 minutes to apply and 10 minutes to dry, with no stickiness! It claims, no self-bronzer smell, and I agree with that. There is a slight odor, but very light. The color comes out very natural on my fair skin. The bronzer I use is a bit on the pricier side, but it works, and is easy to apply. Please tell me what your favorite bronzer is in the comment section, I would love to find a lower price one. Investing in a tanning mitt is highly suggested, a good one will cost you ten bucks. Here is my quick and fast way to tanning my legs:
- Sunday Scrub Day – if you don’t have a scrub day, take this as your sign to pick one. Mine is Sunday, this is the day I scrub my body down. Trust me, this is good for your skin now, and your future self will thank you. If you refused to pick a scrub day, try to scrub about 24 hours before you bronze.
- Shave your legs, the day before or day of. I don’t think it matters, more of a preference thing. You do not want to shave as much after your tanned, this will prolong the life of the color. Typically, mine stays around for 4-5 days.
- Best time to apply, after the shower, while naked. Or just while naked.
- What you will need: mitt, bronzer and lotion.
- Apply the lotion all over your legs lightly, put a little extra on knees, behind knees, ankles and feet. It is ok if it isn’t complete rubbed in over those areas. (I love my Organic Fuji lotion, but any lotion will do)
- Put mitt on
- WARNING: This will stain your bathroom and clothes, so be careful. Hence the naked tip earlier.
- TIP: Only go over your knees and ankle area one time with the mitt, this area will suck up the bronzer so beware.
- TIP: Spread the bronzer all the way to your toes, to the heel of your foot with the glove wiping all over. You want to be tan, all the way to the bottom of your feet.
- TIP: Manicured Toes: Try to avoid putting bronzer over polish.
- Apply in sections, first section, top leg, try 3 pumps. Add more if you feel the whole area is has been swiped by the glove.
- Next section bottom leg, try 2 pumps
- Rinse mitt until the water runs clean, let air dry. Store in flat.
- Wash hands, maybe even arms with warm soapy water to avoid skin stains.
- Let air dry for 10 minutes while you get ready for your day
- Avoid leg hugs
- Avoid Dog Licks
- Avoid White & Light clothes on day of application (including sheets)
Shout out to my friend, Jade, who taught me how to “liquid nylon”
Deliberately Classy Always. XO